The 2mm Layout Register
We maintain a register of 2mm scale layouts. It has several purposes; we'd like to know what layouts are around, and we frequently get requests for "a 2mm layout" for exhibitions and would like to be able to answer the questions more fully.
The Register holds contact information, dimensions, transport requirements,
etc. for layouts whose owners are willing to exhibit them. Full details
can be made available to exhibition organisers. The Register is run by
the events officer, Nick Dearnaley, who can be contacted at
Other layouts may be available for exhibition directly via their owners.
If you have a layout, and particularly if you are willing to exhibit it, please get in touch. We can add you to the register. We'll only publish information with your permission, and home addresses and contact details will not be going onto the public website.
If you're an exhibition manager, and are seeking a layout for a show, you can browse those on the public part of the register, and if you need more details, can contact the Layout Register Manager for further information. That contact will lead through to direct discussion with layout owner over the details of attending your show.
Layouts from the 2mm Layout Register
- Annedale Town. Pennines towards the end of steam.
- Banff. In the far north of Scotland.
- Brafferton. A Yorkshire Secondary Line
- Copenhagen Fields. LNER approaches to Kings Cross
- Gartcraig (waiting for photos!). Scottish region area group small urban layout
- Fence Houses. Probably the largest 2mm Finescale Layout anywhere. NE region
- Haverhill South. East Anglian branchline.
- Inverneuk. Micro sized Scottish terminus.
- Llangerisech. Cambrian railway which can be run in three different periods
- Mayfield Street. Minimum space urban sidings
- Spitveld. Netherlands practise in FiNe (1:160 scale).
- St Ruth. Cornish coastal terminus in the 1960s.
- Wansbeck Road. BR NE region branch line
- Witney Euston. Winter in 1910 Midland territory
Information for exhibition
organisers for the above layouts is available from the register, see panel on
Other Layouts on the Website:
- 70K Coley Park. Modern loco depot and freight terminal
- Brunswick. Modern Image micro layout
- Clive Road Sidings A small shelf layout.
- Chapel Wharf
- Connerburn. Caledonian Railway, pre grouping
- Inversnecky and Drambuie A Classic layout of the 1950s, part of which is housed in the National Railway Museum at York
- Lambourn. An accurate portrail of the famous Berkshire branch terminus
- Ley Hill Another shelf layout, slightly larger than Clive Road, ideal inspiration for that first project.
- Queen Street Goods
- The Broadway. Trams in a 1920's East Anglian town.
- Worsdell Park Road
- Welton Down. Network SE in 1995. (2010 will be last exhibition year)
Please approach the above layout owners directly for information about exhibiting.