Links to other websites
Members of the Association are also encouraged to look at the Small Suppliers page for sources of 2mm modelling kits, parts and materials, online members page and also the page listing Area Groups with their own websites.
Sites with 2mm Models
- The Model Railway Club. The oldest MRC, based in London, home of Copenhagen Fields. See also the London Area Group which meets at Keen House.
- Mark Fielder 2mm Narrow Gauge (Nm / Nn3) and the Pizza layout, access via the Nn3 site
- The MAP Group, who are building Kingswear in Devon
- fiNe group, with numerous links off to aspects of finescale 1:160, including the amazing MFK coupling.
- The 2mm Pennine Area Group. Meeting in Keighley, Yorkshire.
- North East Area Group
UK Model Railway Sites
- GWR Modelling
- Historical Model Railway Society
- Missenden Modellers, who organise weekend and week-long tutor-led modelling workshops.
- The Model Electronic Railway Group
- N Gauge Society
- Nottingham (Bulwell) Model Railway Society, and the Nottingham (East Midlands) Model Railway Exhibition
- The Scalefour Society
- The ScaleSeven Group
- UK Model Shops. Much more than a list of shops, this also has lists of clubs, societies, layouts.
- 4D Modelshop - wide range of modelling materials and services
- B & H Enterprises (Various kits, accessories and detailing parts)
- Borg-Rail/TrackNSignals (Stephen Freeman, custom built signals in 2mm scale, plus items in other scales)
- C & L Finescale (Track parts, Carr's solder, ballast & scenic items, baseboard construction hardware and thousands of other items)
- Cambridge Custom Transfers (Transfers)
- Etched Pixels (Alan Cox' etched parts range, mostly N gauge, see also Ultima)
- Eveleigh Creations (David Eveleigh's etched kits and painting/scenic services)
- Fence Houses Model Foundary (Bob Jones' etched wagons and loco kits, 2mm finescale)
- Fox Transfers
- N-Brass Locomotives (Nick Tilson's range of N locomotives, some in kit form, and can be suitable for conversion to 2mm. Also supplier of numerous casting details for locomotives)
- Nigel Lawton (maker of tiny 009 industrial kits, and supplier of tiny motors)
- Peco Home Page (Also Railway Modeller and Continental Modeller)
- Railtec Transfers
- Scalelink - etches of scenic details, also stockists of several other small manufacturers (note Feb 2019 change of ownership, the old website at scalelink.co.uk appears to still be running).
- Severn Models. Etched brass building kits.
- Scale Scenes (Building kits and brick papers for download, reports back from members indicate that the brick papers are excellent products)
- Worsley Works (Allen Doherty's etched components, expanding range of coaching and multiple unit stock)
- Ultima (Coach kits and parts for coaches, see also Etched Pixels)
- York Model
Making. Laser cut building materials, both off the shelf, and custom
UK Tool and Material Suppliers
- DCC Supplies (UK retailer of Redutex construction textures)
- Eileen's Emporium (Tools and materials for small scale modelling, including some of Bill Bedford's etch ranges)
- Hobby Holidays (tools and materials)
- Shesto (Model making, jewellery and engineering tools). Members get 10% discount, see members only area for details.
- Forhmann. German supplier, reasonable prices, English language option on website. Post outside Germany quite low.
DIY Tools and gizmos
Either a way to save money on fancy tools, or a hobby in its own:
- Fold Board (DIY Hold & Fold tool, German language, many photographs, rest of site has other interesting ideas)