Links to other websites
Members of the Association are also encouraged to look at the Small Suppliers page for sources of 2mm modelling kits, parts and materials, online members page and also the page listing Area Groups with their own websites.
Sites with 2mm Models
- The Model Railway Club. The oldest MRC, based in London, home of Copenhagen Fields. See also the London Area Group which meets at Keen House.
- Mark Fielder 2mm Narrow Gauge (Nm / Nn3) and the Pizza layout, access via the Nn3 site
- The MAP Group, who are building Kingswear in Devon
- fiNe group, with numerous links off to aspects of finescale 1:160, including the amazing MFK coupling.
- The 2mm Pennine Area Group. Meeting in Keighley, Yorkshire.
- Oxford Area Group - website about the area group based in and around Oxford; well worth getting in touch with if you are in the area !
- North East Area Group
- Darkest Essex Area Group - covering Essex and south Suffolk(usually taken to mean outside M25, East of A12, but anyone welcome)
UK Model Railway Sites
- GWR Modelling
- IRail - UK Based Search Engine and Site Directory covering Railway topics.
- Historical Model Railway Society
- Missenden Modellers, who organise weekend and week-long tutor-led modelling workshops.
- The Model Electronic Railway Group
- N Gauge Society
- Nottingham (Bulwell) Model Railway Society, and the Nottingham (East Midlands) Model Railway Exhibition
- The Scalefour Society
- The ScaleSeven Group
- UK Model Shops. Much more than a list of shops, this also has lists of clubs, societies, layouts.
- Waveney Valley MRC - Organisers of the Southwold Show, a well loved East Anglian Summer tradition.
- Model Suppliers
- 4D Modelshop - wide range of modelling materials and services
- B & H Enterprises (Various kits, accessories and detailing parts)
- Borg-Rail (Stephen Freeman, custom built signals in 2mm scale, plus items in other scales)
- C & L Finescale (Track parts, Carr's solder, ballast & scenic items, baseboard construction hardware and thousands of other items)
- Cambridge Custom Transfers (Transfers)
- Etched Pixels (Alan Cox' etched parts range, mostly N gauge, see also Ultima)
- Eveleigh Creations (David Eveleigh's etched kits and painting/scenic services)
- Fence Houses Model Foundary (Bob Jones' etched wagons and loco kits, 2mm finescale)
- Fox Transfers
- Mathieson's Models (Primarily freight stock from early 20th Century, notably superb RCH open wagon).
- N-Brass Locomotives (Nick Tilson's range of N locomotives, some in kit form, and can be suitable for conversion to 2mm. Also supplier of numerous casting details for locomotives)
- Nigel Lawton (maker of tiny 009 industrial kits, and supplier of tiny motors)
- Peco Home Page (Also Railway Modeller and Continental Modeller)
- Scalelink - etches of scenic details, also stockists of several other small manufacturers.
- Severn Models. Etched brass building kits.
- Scale Scenes (Building kits and brick papers for download, reports back from members indicate that the brick papers are excellent products)
- Taylor Precision Models - range of detailing parts, mainly for more modern stock.
- Worsley Works (Allen Doherty's etched components, expanding range of coaching and multiple unit stock)
- Ultima (Coach kits and parts for coaches, see also Etched Pixels)
- York Model
Making. Laser cut building materials, both off the shelf, and custom
UK Tool and Material Suppliers
- Eileen's Emporium (Tools and materials for small scale modelling, including some of Bill Bedford's etch ranges)
- Shesto (Model making, jewellery and engineering tools). Members get 10% discount, see members only area for details.
- Forhmann. German supplier, reasonable prices, English language option on website. Post outside Germany quite low.
- Modeller's Mate. Tools and materials.
DIY Tools and gizmos
Either a way to save money on fancy tools, or a hobby in its own:
- Fold Board (DIY Hold & Fold tool, German language, many photographs, rest of site has other interesting ideas)