BR Class 08/11 Locomotive Kit Components
The kit has not been available for a number of years. The kit is now relaunched as a set of independently available parts and now includes new elements including a simpler functional chassis etch, 3D printed cosmetic chassis and improved cab etch. The instructions from the original kit have not been updated, so you will need to adapt these if you decide to incorporate some or all of the new elements into your build.
If you wish to construct an example of this locomotive, please follow this procedure:
• Request a copy of the instructions from the Sales Officer - firstname.lastname@example.org
• The instructions will be made available via Dropbox as the instructions are substantial and too large to host online. If you require a printed copy, a small charge will be made to cover printing and posting costs.
• Read the instructions and decide which components you will require - some may no longer be available through the Association depending upon the construction method you decide upon. An example may be if you decide to use imperial gears.
• Order the Association components through the shops in the normal manner.
Please note the with effect from 1st June 2019 the following rates will apply:
UK - Post Free for orders of £20 or more. Postage charge of £1.50 for smaller orders.
Europe - Post Free for orders of £30 or more. Postage charge of £2.50 for smaller orders.
Rest of World - Post Free for orders of £40 or more. Postage charge of £4.50 for smaller orders.
The M0.3 16t gear is now back in stock as is the 15t gear on muff for Farish conversions. Prices have been held at the same level, if you have a back order outstanding, you will be contacted.
Please order sensibly; gloat-boxers will be caught out/admonished/hanged, drawn and quartered...
New in Shop 3 3-265 Phosphor Bronze Solder Tags 4mm long. Etch of 10 for £0.40
In light of issues with the metric gearsets, we have re-introduced the 100DP 30:1 gearset with one worm bored 1.5mm. The gear is bored 1/8".
Back in stock - BR Ironstone Hopper, now item 2-503a.
New item - BR Anhydrite Hopper 2-503b.
Both kits are plastic body only and are £2.00 each.
Back in Shop 3 item 3-368 - 38:1 100DP Gearset. This comprises a skew brass gear bored at 1/8" and an acetal worm bored at 1.5mm. See shop lists for more detail.
Products and Shops
The Association operates mail order shops for the benefit of members. We regret we cannot sell to non-members.
We offer certain Publications and 2FS Wagon taster kits to non-members at selected public shows and through this link on our website.
Other Product Related Pages
- The Wheel Turning Service can alter the profile on N gauge locomotive wheels to allow many N locomotives to run on 2mm Track.
- A simple Gear Mesh Calculator to help determine the spacing between gear wheel centres.
- Small Suppliers (Association members with products available, and links other small suppliers offering useful modelling products)