Drop in wheels
- 3-070 - 7.5mm dia wheel, 16 tooth pinion, outside framed bogies. Suits Farish diesel classes 24, 25, 40, 44, 45, 47, 56
- 3-071 - 7.0mm dia wheel, 16 tooth pinion, outside framed bogies.
Suits Farish diesel classes 20, 31, 37, HST, 55, 60, 66
(not suitable for types with visible external face, such as Warship, Western ).
- 3-072 - 7.0mm dia wheel, un-driven. Suits Farish diesel class 40/44/45/46 unpowered lead wheels. Not suitable for post-2018 class 40s.
- 3-073 - 6.0mm diameter, 15 tooth pinion, outside framed bogies. Suits Farish DMU classes 101, 108, 150, 158, 159, 170, GWR "Flying Banana".
- 3-074 - 6.0mm diameter, undriven split-axle, 14.2mm over pin-point ends for electrical pickup. Suits Farish 108.
- 3-076 - 6.0mm dia wheel, undriven. Suits Farish diesel class 40/44/45/46 unpowered lead wheels. Not suitable for post-2018 class 40s.
- 3-077 - 7.0mm dia wheel, undriven. Suits post-2018 Farish diesel
class 40 unpowered lead wheels.
Also useful, from Shop 2 :
- 2-020 - 6.0mm diameter coach/wagon wheel on 15.2mm pin-point axle. Suits undriven cars on Farish 101, 158, 159, 170 and the centre car of a three-car 108 unit.
Data on diesel wheel sizes, bogie dimensions, etc.. is available on the Clag Website.
Prototype specifications for the 1-Co-Co-1 BR designs had 3ft unpowered wheels and 3ft9in powered. So, prototype scale diameters would be 6mm and 7.5mm respectively. But, Farish' bogie design is not to scale, the supplied N wheels are 6.3 and 6.85 respectively. Having decided to recommend scale (7.5mm) driving wheels, if a scale undriven wheel (6.0mm) is fitted the wheel will hover above the track. So, the recommended "drop-in" solution is to accept a compromise on the lead wheel and fit 7.0mm. A scale solution requires modification to the Farish bogies to make the undriven wheel ride lower; this may be possible, but hasn't been tested.