The Association has a number of area groups, where members can meet to further their modelling.
Some groups have collective layouts, others concentrate on helping individuals with their own projects. Some have meetings with specific speakers and themes. There are Area Groups in the following places (sorry for anyone I might have missed!); Kent & SE London, Essex, Central London, Wealden, Hertfordshire, Basingstoke, Oxford, Wales and SouthWest, Midlands, Pennine (Leeds/Bradford), North East (Newcastle/Durham), Scotland. Plus one in Canada (Ottawa/Toronto). If there isn't one near where you live it could be because everyone else is hoping someone else will start the group, you don't need to be an expert 2mm modeller to start a group !
Some of the Area Groups have their own websites or blogs.
- Basingstoke Area Group (Blogger, subdomain from 2mm site)
- Darkest Essex Area Group (Blogger, subdomain from 2mm site)
- Forth Clyde Area Group (Blogger, offsite link)
- Kent and Essex Area Group (Offsite link) http://2mmkeag.blogspot.co.uk/
- London Area Group (Offsite link)
- North East Area Group (Blogger, subdomain from 2mm site)
- Oxford Area Group (Offsite link)
- Pennine Area Group (Offsite link)
- Wealden Area Group ( Offsite, subdomain link and Wordpress Blog )
If any organiser would like a Blog on the 2mm website, please contact the webmaster.