AGM 2022 and Model Competitions
The AGM for 2022 will be held online, using Zoom, on Sunday 18th October at 11am. Details of how to register to attend the AGM will be sent to members nearer the date.
The minutes of the 2021 AGM are available to members in the members only section of the website.
The model competition will be run online, using a similar format to the last two years, see section below.
The Online Model Competition 2022
There are five categories for entries. Members will be sent an email on 27th August 2022 with details of how to vote.
The entries are in five categories:
- Locomotives (scratch and kit built), winner L9, GWR Steam RailMotor by Ian Smith.
- Locomotives (ready to run conversions), winner R7, LMS 3F Jinty by John Ireland
- Coaches and non-passenger coaching stock, winner C21, Southern Railway D2651 Maunsell Kitchen Dining First by John Aldrick
- Freight Stock, winner F14. 45T Tank Wagons by Bryn Davies
- Other items (eg. buildings, road vehicles, signals, scenic items, mechanical/electrical devices, tools/jigs). winner X3. Richmond (North Yorkshire) Train Shed by Peter Brown
Some of the traditional trophies were awarded at the North East Area Group's 40th Anniversary meeting on 10th September.
- The Groves Trophy for best locomotive on running and appearance. Awarded to Bryn Davies for his Ruston Diesel Shunter.
- The Members Choice tropy was awarded jointly to Bryn Davies for the Ruston, and Nick Mitchell for his L&Y Coal Tank.