Links to other websites
Members of the Association are also encouraged to look at the Small Suppliers page for sources of 2mm modelling kits, parts and materials, online members page and also the page listing Area Groups with their own websites.
Sites with 2mm Models
- The Model Railway Club. The oldest MRC, based in London, home of Copenhagen Fields. See also the London Area Group which meets at Keen House.
- Mark Fielder 2mm Narrow Gauge (Nm / Nn3) and the Pizza layout, access via the Nn3 site
- The MAP Group, who are building Kingswear in Devon
- fiNe group, with numerous links off to aspects of finescale 1:160, including the amazing MFK coupling.
- The 2mm Pennine Area Group. Meeting in Keighley, Yorkshire.
- North East Area Group
- RMWeb 2mm Section. The large RMWeb forum system has a 2mm section where 2mm model making is discussed.
UK Model Railway Sites
- Barrowmore Model Railway Group, with prototype information on locos, coaches and wagons.
- GWR Modelling
- Historical Model Railway Society
- Missenden Modellers, who organise weekend and week-long tutor-led modelling workshops.
- The Model Electronic Railway Group
- N Gauge Society
- The Scalefour Society
- The ScaleSeven Group
- UK Model Shops. Much more than a list of shops, this also has lists of clubs, societies, layouts.
- 4D Modelshop - wide range of modelling materials and services
- The B&B coupling is available in its 2mm/N form from 3mm Scale Model Railways
- B & H Enterprises (Various kits, accessories and detailing parts)
- Borg-Rail/TrackNSignals (Stephen Freeman, custom built signals in 2mm scale, plus items in other scales)
- C & L Finescale (Track parts, etc. mostly scales other than 2mm)
- Cambridge Custom Transfers (Transfers)
- Eveleigh Creations (David Eveleigh's etched kits and painting/scenic services)
- Fence Houses Model Foundary (Bob Jones' etched wagons and loco kits, 2mm finescale)
- Fox Transfers
- N-Brass Locomotives (Nick Tilson's range of N locomotives, some in kit form, and can be suitable for conversion to 2mm. Also supplier of numerous casting details for locomotives)
- Nigel Lawton (maker of tiny 009 industrial kits, and supplier of tiny motors)
- Peco Home Page (Also Railway Modeller and Continental Modeller)
- Railtec Transfers
- Scalelink - Fretcetera - etches of scenic details, separated from original ScaleLink business in 2019.
- Scalelink - original business minus the etched ranges, covering whitemetal castings and other details.
- Severn Models. Etched brass building kits.
- Scale Scenes (Building kits and brick papers for download, reports back from members indicate that the brick papers are excellent products)
- Worsley Works (Allen Doherty's etched components, expanding range of coaching and multiple unit stock)
- York Model
Making. Laser cut building materials, both off the shelf, and custom
UK Tool and Material Suppliers
- Cousins (tools, predominantly to jewellery trade)
- DCC Supplies (UK retailer of Redutex construction textures)
- Hobby Holidays (tools and materials)
- Prime Miniatures small fixings, small metal items, some really really small!
- Metal Smiths supplier of metal, sheet, rod and sections
- Shesto (Model making, jewellery and engineering tools).
- Scale Model Shop Various supplies metal (rod, wire, tube), styrene, paints, weathering materials, tools.
- Forhmann. German supplier, reasonable prices, English language option on website.
DIY Tools and gizmos
Either a way to save money on fancy tools, or a hobby in its own:
- Fold Board (DIY Hold & Fold tool, German language, many photographs, rest of site has other interesting ideas)