AGM 2023 and Model Competitions
The AGM for 2022 was held online, using Zoom, on Sunday 17th October. The meeting will begin with modelling talks from 10am, with formal business from 11am. Details of how to register to attend the AGM will be sent to members nearer the date.
The minutes of the 2022 AGM are available to members in the members only section of the website.
The model competition will be run online, using a similar format to the last two years, see section below.
The Online Model Competition 2023
The entries were in five categories, and can be viewed through the links:
- Locomotives (scratch and kit built) . Winner, Nick Mitchell, LMS 2-6-4T
- Locomotives (ready to run conversions) . Winner, Steve Jones, Dapol Class 33
- Coaches and non-passenger coaching stock . Winner, Jim Watt, Caledonian Coaches
- Freight Stock . Winner, Bryn Davies, Nuclear flask wagon
- Other items . Winner, Bryn Davies, Muckspreader, Highly commended, Jerry Clifford, S&DJR Bath turntable
The Chairman's Award was given to Peter Brown for "The Green Howards Museum, Richmond"
Groves and Chairman's Trophy 2023
The Groves Trophy for locomotives was judged at the 2mm section of the Farnham and District Model Railway Exhibition, October 14/15th.
The Groves Trophy was awarded to Nick Mitchell for his LMS 2-6-4T. The Chairman's Trophy was awarded to Neil Watson for a pair of GWR signals and operating mechanism.